New Hampshire State Director
Pete for America is run by a small, motivated, and well-organized team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of politician, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We are building a modern campaign, and that means each department needs to leverage the best of smart digital and data best practices. Our team buys into the “improvise, adapt, and overcome” mentality. You’ll build a diverse and brilliant team; coordinate all our efforts to win the First in the Nation Primary; organize, organize, organize; form relationships with folks and groups across the Granite State; and represent Mayor Pete.
We’re looking for team-oriented strategists and executors. No job is too little or too big.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices because you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally.
- Embrace the power of organizing.
- Respect the power of spreadsheets and all you can organize with them. Obsess over performance and find joy in motivating others.
- Love reporting. And dashboards.
- Respect the power of what a person with a clipboard can do.
- Think house parties are the best parties.
- Work best in teams.
- Like juggling an astonishing amount of things at the same time.
- Eat ambiguity for breakfast and get stuff done.
Overview of role:
- Serve as the in-state leader / representative of Pete for America for the 2020 cycleCreate a values-driven culture that everyone can be proud of and a place where everyone can thrive and feel empowered.
- Design an organizational plan, hiring plan, field / political outreach plan, and New Hampshire primary organizing plan.
- Recruit, hire, build and manage a large, diverse team in order to reach our strategic goals.
- Work with South Bend HQ on strategic priorities, budget needs, forecasting, data and targeting, etc.
- Oversee the Mayor's travel in-state (with team) to ensure visits and events are successful on the ground and online.
- Work with media team of PFA (and person in New Hampshire) to ensure Granite State-based media and press is getting regular updates from PFA and candidate.
- Provide regular updates to South Bend HQ and candidate as needed.
- Some travel required to / from South Bend and Chicago (satellite office)
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.