Communications and Press
Pete for America is searching for hard-working and kind people to join the team.
We are committed to transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country.
Mayor Pete is a different type of candidate, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
The Communications team is full of people people who thrive in a demanding environment. We are laser-focused on driving news cycles and introducing Pete to voters across the country. We know that our work is critical to Pete’s ability to share his vision and shape the national conversation.
In this role you will develop and execute statewide communications plans in Iowa and New Hampshire and work with the Communications Team to implement our larger narrative. We are looking for folks who have a passion for telling stories, thrive under tight deadlines and changing landscapes, and can effectively interact with members of the press in the early nominating states.
You might love this job if you:
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
- Are an experienced communicator with on-the-record experience on political campaigns
- Are a skilled writer with a proficiency across different channels, including social media
- Get excited about finding a creative solution to problems
- Enjoy cultivating relationships with a talented and proactive press corps
What we're looking for:
- Previous campaign or political experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Google Sheets, and Excel
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.