Regional Political Director - Iowa
Pete for America is looking for a Regional Political Director to join our team in Iowa.
Pete for America is run by a growing, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Pete for America is building out an ambitious political team, and we are looking for a regional political director to join our team in Iowa.
The position is located in Iowa and will report to the Political Director in Iowa. Applicants should have 1-2 cycles of campaign, campaign committee, or political experience and ideally would be familiar with the political intricacies of the state.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain relationships with different constituencies in the greater Iowa community
- Support the political objectives of the campaign
- Provide strategic recommendations to further the political goals of the campaign
- Build holistic programs and how to keep groups motivated and engaged over long periods of time
- Communicate the needs and views of local leaders back to the State Director and headquarters
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 1-2 cycles of campaign experience
- Are familiar with elected officials, constituency groups, policy issues, political priorities of Iowa and can ensure that our campaign is engaged in the state
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally
- Love building relationships across different groups
- Engage in active listening, even when you’re hearing criticism and critiques you can’t address in one sentence
- Feel joy when you see a well organized spreadsheet
- Obsess over performance and find joy in motivating others
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.