Content Manager - Social and Web Writer
Pete for America is building our content team, and we need folks who are skilled in digital production and data and management.
Pete for America is run by a small, well-organized, and motivated team, backed by volunteers and supporters across the country. We're searching for hard-working and kind people to join us. We are committed to radical transparency and fairness, and are steadfast in our work to share Pete's vision with the country. We don't stand for harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Mayor Pete is a different type of politician, and we are a different kind of team. Our goals require collaboration across all departments and our structure facilitates that.
We are building a modern campaign, and that means each department needs to leverage well-written content, tailored for the platform, audience, and moment. The content team oversees everything from signup page copy to templates for our handwritten thank you notes; from autoresponders to share graphics.
We are looking for people who have experience producing content for social media and other web properties to come help scale Pete’s voice.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Truly value a diversity of experiences and voices, you know it positively impacts outcomes, and you can point to times you've demonstrated this personally and professionally.
- Have experience and truly enjoy writing content and helping develop creative for social and web platforms.
- Pair creative instincts with performance data and analytics to optimize programs.
- Understand that the best tool we have at Pete for America is Pete’s voice and personality.
- Are committed to a seamless and inclusive user experience at every turn.
- Respect best practices but are willing to try out something new, too
In this role, you will:
- Help build and maintain content calendars across media platforms.
- Develop first draft copy for social and web properties.
- Fact check and tone check for authenticity.
- Maintain rapid response guidelines and processes.
- Manage QA processes.
- Develop guidance for and work with creative teams to develop imagery and videos.
We keep all resumes on file and will be in touch as we grow. Thank you for your early support.
Pete for America is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from unlawful discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.
Pete for America provides all employees and applicants with equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship.