Kennel Technician @ Wylie Veterinary Hospital
Wylie, TX - Wylie Veterinary Hospital /
Hospitals in North TX, OK, PA, VA, MD – Wylie Veterinary Hospital /
At Wylie Veterinary Hospital, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
The Kennel Technician is responsible for providing quality care of the dogs and cats housed in the kennels as well as the cleaning and maintenance of the kennels, exercise yards and kennel complex.
Education + Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience as a Kennel Technician.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends (Saturdays) & holidays if clinic is open.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Must be comfortable handling dogs and cats
- Must be comfortable cleaning up after pets
- Able to perform several tasks concurrently, time management and good organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to safely lift 45 pounds and safely handle, hold and restrain active dogs weighing up to 110 pounds. Employees should seek assistance when lifting dogs or objects weighing more than 45 lbs.
- Able to remain on one’s feet, standing, walking, bending and/or stooping on cement for extended periods.
- Able to work different day and weekend shifts – weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Able to complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Mixed animal hospital, work in front and back of hospital, high level of client interaction, exposure to x-rays, and anesthetic gases with proper protective measure.
- Potential for exposure to zoonotic diseases and positive hazardous materials.
· Daily clean and disinfect kennels, exercise, training areas and grounds and other kennel facilities using approved cleaning supplies, tools and methods.
· Clean and sanitize toys, beds, feeding bowls, crates and other equipment.
· Report maintenance problems or repairs to the supervisor.
· Prepare and dispense food in appropriate amounts and time intervals, including feeding of special diets to kennel dogs and puppies per feeding instructions and guidelines.
· Prepare specific diets for individual pets and oversee the preparation of special diets and amounts.
· Understand and able to identify the clinical signs and symptoms in a pet that indicate a change of diet may be required; suggest and understand appropriate transition protocol
· Ensure that records of feeding are appropriately documented.
· Provide quality care and a safe environment to our extended pet family
· Provide immediate response to a pet in distress.
· Administer approved medications orally, topically or by injection under the direction of veterinarian or supervisor.
· Groom dogs including bathing, trimming hair and nails.
· Keep records of pets coming and going from kennels.
· Exercise and socialize pets in approved locations.
· Monitor, store and inventory kennel supplies and replenish as needed.
· Report needed supplies to supervisor.
· Record keeping and special projects.
· Provide quality customer service.
· Communicate and log all health or veterinary concerns, needs and problems.
· Be accountable not only for direct responsibilities outlined in this job description but also to serve fellow staff and other constituents with whom position interacts. Ensure actions and communications are honest and transparent.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.