Veterinary Technician Supervisor @ Lake Grove Veterinary Clinic
Lake Oswego, OR - Lake Grove Vet Clinic /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Lake Grove Veterinary Clinic /
Lake Grove Veterinary Clinic, in Lake Oswego, OR cultivates a collaborative, authentic, and compassionate culture and is seeking a Veterinary Technician Supervisor to join our team. This is an integral position that requires a dynamic person to lead staffing, inventory, and act as a member of the leadership team for the hospital.
We have been serving Lake Oswego since 1976 and focus on employing the finest veterinary professionals to care for our patients. We are AAHA accredited and are committed to the highest standards in veterinary medicine and provide educational opportunities for all of our staff.
The ideal Veterinary Technician Supervisor will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on crafting an outstanding customer experience and take pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish an efficient movement of patients and clients through appointments. You will ensure communication with clients is clear and understood; including phone, texting, and email. You should be able to work independently and provide support to coworkers and veterinarians. In addition to Veterinary Technician job duties, the Veterinary Technician Supervisor is responsible for coordinating department schedules and meetings, handling inventory (including ordering), managing relationships with vendors, facilitating staff training, etc.
Schedule: Full-time, must be available to work Saturdays and holidays if the clinic is open.
Education + License Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in a clinical setting with experience as a lead tech.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Experience with Intravet preferred.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently and accurately relaying medical information related to clients regarding their pets.
- Assist in animal restraint.
- Execute treatment plans as advised by the veterinarian.
- Pre- and post-operative care.
- Triage and discharge patients.
- Department schedules, training, and management.
- Inventory and ordering.
You must be confident in all aspects of basic and advanced animal care, including:
- Taking radiographs.
- Assisting in surgery and anesthetic monitoring.
- IV catheter placement.
- Running diagnostic lab tests.
- Accurately administering medications.
Candidates must have experience as a Veterinary Technician Lead/Supervisor with shown leadership skills and knowledge of inventory management to be considered.
Lake Grove Veterinary Clinic is committed to educating our clients on the best preventative and medical care options to keep their pets happy and healthy, year-round. We stay informed on the latest advances in veterinary technology and above all, remember that all animals and pets are to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery. We truly treat all pets like they are our own.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.