Eve/Night Swing Shift - Veterinary Assistant/Technician @ Diamond Veterinary Hospital
Everett, WA - Diamond Veterinary Hospital /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Diamond Veterinary Hospital /
At Diamond Veterinary Hospital, we employ the finest veterinary professional to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of kindness and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
The Veterinary Assistant/Technician is required to assist the practitioners to the fullest possible extent, to help improve the quality of care given to the patients and to aid the practitioners in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. In addition to the doctor(s), veterinary technicians and assistants report directly to the Practice Manager or Technician Team Leader.
Education + License Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be able to work evening/night shifts, including weekends & holidays.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Must be able to obtain Veterinary Medical Clerk or License Veterinary Technician license in WA
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate a patient (only if licensed tech).
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Support out other team members as needed.
Skills + Knowledge
- Show excellent client communication and telephone skills.
- Must efficiently be able to read, speak, and write in English.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills.
- Handle multiple unrelated tasks, simultaneously.
- Administer injections, perform venipuncture, take vital signs of animal, and accurately restrain animals, including fractious pets, for examination and treatment.
- Dispense treatments/medications intravenously, orally, and subcutaneously.
- Knowledge of the procedures used for receiving, treating, and scheduling patients, ordering medical supplies, and requesting laboratory tests.
- The use, care, and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques to sterilize various instruments and materials. This includes standardized procedures used in the full variety of treatments to make preparations and provide “table side” assistance
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Mentorship / Training
· Work-Life-Family (Flexible) scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Paid licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Insurance: Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off
· Student Loan Assistance Program
· Relocation assistance
This hospital is owned by PetWell Partners but led by Veterinarians. We are a fast-growing acquirer and operator of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at Careers@PetWellPartners.com.