Client Service Representative @ Diamond Veterinary Hospital
Everett, WA - Diamond Veterinary Hospital /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Diamond Veterinary Hospital /
At Diamond Veterinary Hospital we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed.
The Client Service Representative (CSR) is the client’s first contact when calling or visiting the practice and represents the professional image to callers and visitors. The CSR answers telephones, greets clients, prepares patient files, receives and relays client correspondence, updates client financial records. The outstanding receptionist has the ability to diffuse negative client situations and foster client bonding.
This position requires practical knowledge of the hospital and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, data entry, word processing, mail service, and standard procedures, veterinary records and terminology used in the hospital.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years minimum experience at a veterinary hospital is preferred
- Customer Service background
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you'll need multi-task skills
- Some computer knowledge required; comfortable with Word, keyboarding, and use of communication tools such as client communication platform
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms.
- Perform basic computer skills, type 30 words per minute.
- Cash handling skills and ability to accurately process transactions with multiple payment forms, such as Scratchpay and credit cards
- Assist with patient triage for incoming emergencies.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighing up to 25 lbs; requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal urine and feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Below is a full list of abilities most commonly used by CSR.
Veterinary Knowledge / Client Education
· Can answer client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures.
· Can educate clients on over-the-counter products such as shampoos and nutraceuticals.
· Can guide client’ to make appropriate decisions regarding optimum pet care.
Admitting / Discharging Patients/ Cash Handling
· Can admit patients and handle medical records entries accurately.
· Can prepare health euthanasia and after care paperwork and discuss with client
· Can handle client/patient transfers with ease.
· Can prepare client invoices for services performed.
· Can accurately handle payment transactions and balance the drawer at the end of their shift.
· Can accurately and empathetically communicate estimates/treatment plans to clients.
· Can bond with clients during interactions.
· Can keep the front desk a positive area even in the event there is a wait time.
· Seeks to create a comfortable environment for clients.
Computer Knowledge / Telephone Skills
· Receives and relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly.
· Answers telephones and handle calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner using a multi-line system.
· Can enter and update client and patient information into practice computer software.
· Has good computer skills and shows accuracy in inputting details.
·Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
· Can display tact and respect with team members even when busy or hectic.
· Can feel and express a genuine liking for animals and their owners and for working in an animal care field.
· Can express empathy toward distressed or grieving clients.
· Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner with clients even when situations are stressful and/or focused on individual tasks.
· Can deal intelligibly, pleasantly and efficiently with clients, often doing several things at one time.
· Can greet clients with poise and natural effort.
· Can outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
· Can turn future clients (phone-shoppers) into clients through relationship building and bonding.
· Can easily remember clients and patients names and uses them.
· Can handle client correspondence including email and follow up calls.
· Can maintain a professional/welcoming appearance in the front office through cleaning and organization.
· Can stock and organize the coffee station.
· Can offer proper upkeep for and troubleshoot office equipment including pc’s, telephones and copier.
· Can accurately document conversations with clients in the medical record.
· Can correctly attach records from referring veterinarians to the patient file.
· Can work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
· Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
· Completes the Daily Reception Task List.
· Assists Doctors and Technicians with non-medical tasks when requested.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Mentorship / Training
· Work-Life-Family (Flexible) scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Paid licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Insurance: Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off
· Student Loan Assistance Program
· Relocation assistance
This hospital is owned by PetWell Partners but led by Veterinarians. We are a fast-growing acquirer and operator of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at Careers@PetWellPartners.com.