Associate Veterinarian (with leadership development) @ FM 1960 Animal Hospital
Houston, TX - FM 1960 Animal Hospital /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – FM 1960 Animal Hospital /
Come practice at just the right pace—we offer flexible scheduling for work/life balance with no on-call duties. FM 1960 Animal Hospital, in the Champions neighborhood of Houston, cultivates a fun, and caring work environment. Our mission is to provide quality care with compassion to every patient and client. We are looking for a full-time Veterinarian with an interest in leadership growth. We would like to groom this person to be an authority within the next year and partner with the practice manager in leadership, patient care, staff mentorship and development, and meeting the financial goals of the practice.
FM 1960 Animal Hospital is a high-quality AAHA hospital and cares deeply about making sure pets have everything they need to be happy and healthy by providing clear communication built on trust and integrity. Our medicine and relationships with our clients do not go unnoticed; we have been recognized as one of the top hospitals in the area. We also offer a family atmosphere with minimal turnover, consistent volumes, and a high level of medicine.
About the hospital:
- Offer a broad range of services for cats and dogs.
- General practice hospital with the ability to handle emergency and critical care cases.
- Dedicated and committed staff with a 2:1 tech to doctor ratio.
- In-house and diagnostics allow us to get results.
- Offer digital radiology and ultrasound.
As the Associate Veterinarian, you
- Have 4+ years of proven experience.
- Must have DVM OR VMD from an AVMA accredited institution.
- License to practice veterinary medicine in the state of clinic location and in good standing.
- DEA licensure is preferred.
- Must have a passion for continued learning and improvement, excellent communication skills, and a proactive approach.
- Take pride in offering unmatched compassionate care, ensuring our communication with our clients is clear and understood.
- Support all other medical personnel, including veterinary technicians and assistants, and help will guide as a mentor to develop the clinical staff.
- Require confidence and proficiency in dentistry, soft tissue surgery, and internal medicine.
To be a fit for us, we're looking for a candidate with full-time capacity, has a desire to work collaboratively on our team, and is invested in building positive relationships with clients, colleagues, and our community. A teammate who is motivated for continuous personal and professional growth is vital to us. We'll encourage you to pursue your areas of interest and allow freedom in practicing medicine that is exciting and enriching to you as a Veterinarian.
About Houston: Houston is the fourth most populous city in the US and most diverse metropolitan area in Texas and has been described as the most racially and ethnically diverse major metropolis in the U.S. It is home to many cultural institutions and exhibits, including NASA's Johnson Space Center (Mission Control), Texas Medical Center - the world's largest concentration of healthcare and research institutions, Museum District, Theater District and sports teams such as the Astros, Rockets, Texans, Dynamo, and Dash.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.