Veterinary Technician @ Pet Medical Center of Katy
Katy, TX - Pet Medical Center of Katy /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Pet Medical Center of Katy /
Pet Medical Center of Katy in Katy, TX cultivates a collaborative, authentic, and compassionate culture and is seeking a Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced clinic and team. Every member of our team contributes toward an important mission and vision, making a difference in the lives of pets and their people. At Pet Medical Center of Katy, YOU MATTER!
We have been serving the Katy area since 2005 and focus on employing the finest veterinary professionals to care for our patients. We are working towards AAHA accredited, and are committed to the highest standards in veterinary medicine and provide educational opportunities for all of our staff.
The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on crafting an outstanding customer experience and take pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish an efficient movement of patients and clients through appointments. You will ensure communication with clients is clear and understood; including phone, texting, and email. You should be able to work independently and provide support to coworkers and veterinarians.
Schedule: Full-time, must be available to work Saturdays and holidays if the clinic is open.
Education + License Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Experience with Avimark, preferred.
You will be tasked with:
- Efficiently and accurately relaying medical information related to clients regarding their pets.
- Assist in animal restraint
- Execute treatment plans as directed by the veterinarian
- Pre- and post-operative care
- Triage patients
- Discharge patients
You must be confident in all aspects of basic and advanced animal care, including:
- Taking radiographs
- Assisting in surgery and anesthetic monitoring
- IV catheter placement
- Running diagnostic lab tests
- Accurately administering medications
Pet Medical Center of Katy is committed to educating our clients on the best preventative and medical care options to keep their pets happy and healthy, year-round. We stay informed on the latest advances in veterinary technology and above all, remember that all animals and pets are to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery. We truly treat all pets like they are our own.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.