Veterinary Receptionist/Client Service Representative @ Southwest Animal Clinic
Bellaire, TX - Southwest Animal Clinic /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Southwest Animal Clinic /
At Southwest Animal Clinic, in Bellaire area of Houston, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every hospital team member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
The Client Service Representative (CSR) is the client’s first contact when calling or visiting the practice and as such represents the professional image of the practice to callers and visitors. The receptionist answers telephones, greets clients, prepares patient files, receives and relays client correspondence, updates client financial records. The exceptional receptionist has the ability to diffuse negative client situations and foster client bonding.
Schedule: Full-time. Must be available to work Saturdays
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years minimum experience at a veterinary hospital.
- 2+ years customer service experience.
- Experience working with Cornerstone software program.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment where you'll need multi-task skills.
- Comfortable with MS Word and use of communication tools such as Instant Messenger and email.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms
- Perform basic computer skills, type 30 words per minute.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighing up to 25 lbs; requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal urine and feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases
Below is a full list of abilities most commonly used by our Client Service Reps.
Veterinary Knowledge / Client Education
· Can answer client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures.
· Can educate clients on over-the-counter products such as shampoos and nutraceuticals.
· Can guide client’ to make appropriate decisions regarding optimum pet care.
Admitting / Discharging Patients/ Cash Handling
· Can admit patients and handle medical records entries accurately.
· Can prepare health euthanasia and after care paperwork and discuss with client
· Can handle client/patient transfers with ease.
· Can prepare client invoices for services performed.
· Can accurately handle payment transactions and balance the drawer at the end of their shift.
· Can accurately and empathetically communicate estimates/treatment plans to clients.
· Can bond with clients during interactions.
· Can keep the front desk a positive area even in the event there is a wait time.
· Seeks to create a comfortable environment for clients.
Computer Knowledge / Telephone Skills
· Receives and relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly.
· Answers telephones and handle calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner using a multi-line system.
· Can enter and update client and patient information into practice computer software.
· Has good computer skills and shows accuracy in inputting details.
·Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
· Can display tact and respect with team members even when busy or hectic.
· Can feel and express a genuine liking for animals and their owners and for working in an animal care field.
· Can express empathy toward distressed or grieving clients.
· Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner with clients even when situations are stressful and/or focused on individual tasks.
· Can deal intelligibly, pleasantly and efficiently with clients, often doing several things at one time.
· Can greet clients with poise and natural effort.
· Can outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
· Can turn future clients (phone-shoppers) into clients through relationship building and bonding.
· Can easily remember clients and patients names and uses them.
· Can handle client correspondence including email and follow up calls.
· Can maintain a professional/welcoming appearance in the front office through cleaning and organization.
· Can stock and organize the coffee station.
· Can offer proper upkeep for and troubleshoot office equipment including pc’s, telephones and copier.
· Can accurately document conversations with clients in the medical record.
· Can correctly attach records from referring veterinarians to the patient file.
· Can work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
· Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
· Completes the Daily Reception Task List.
· Assists Doctors and Technicians with non-medical tasks when requested.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.