Medical Director @ Lombard Animal Hospital
Portland, OR - Lombard Animal Hospital /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Lombard Animal Hospital /
Do you want to have all the benefits of leading a veterinary practice without the headaches of full ownership? Do you enjoy building engaged, successful medical teams while providing an AAHA standard of customer service and patient care?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Lombard Animal Hospital, in northeast Portland, OR, is looking for a Veterinary Medical Director to join a fun and collaborative work environment. Our teams are our priority, and we are dedicated to providing extraordinary experiences through schedules that allow for work-life balance, and an industry-leading benefits package that addresses the needs of veterinary professionals.
We are a high-quality AAHA hospital since 1968 and care deeply about making sure pets have everything they need to be happy and healthy by providing clear communication built on trust and integrity. Our medicine and relationships with our clients do not go unnoticed; we have been recognized as one of the top hospitals in the area. We have a team approach to patient care and support a reasonable volume. We'll encourage you to pursue your areas of interest and allow freedom in practicing medicine that is exciting and enriching to you as a Veterinarian
About our hospital:
- We have cultivated a phenomenal clientele and offer a broad range of services, including integrative options for cats, dogs, and rabbits (rabbit medicine not required, but would be very useful).
- General practice hospital with the ability to handle emergency and critical care cases.
- Dedicated and committed staff with a 2:1 tech to doctor ratio.
- In-house diagnostics and Idexx outside lab support.
- Offer digital radiology, therapeutic laser, and integrative medicine (VOM, acupuncture, and herbal medicine, etc.).
- Option for guidance from the current Medical Director, who after 13 years is changing roles in the company.
As the Medical Director, you:
- Have 4+ years of proven experience.
- Must have DVM OR VMD from an AVMA accredited institution.
- License to practice veterinary medicine in the state of OR and in good standing.
- Must have a DEA license.
- Have a passion for leadership, guidance, and mentorship
- Have excellent communication skills and have a proactive approach.
- Have experience developing and standardizing structure and leading teams to success.
- Ability to encourage a positive and diverse environment.
- Take pride in offering unmatched compassionate care, ensuring our communication with our clients is clear and understood.
- Support all other medical personnel, including veterinary technicians and assistants, and will help guide as a mentor to develop the clinical staff.
- Require confidence in internal medicine, proficiency in dentistry, and soft tissue surgery with a low volume of spay and neuters.
To be a fit for us, we're looking for a candidate with full-time capacity, has a desire to work collaboratively on our team, and is invested in building positive relationships with clients, colleagues, and our community. A teammate who is motivated for continuous personal and professional growth is vital to us.
About Portland: Portland, Oregon's largest city, sits on the Columbia and Willamette rivers, in the shadow of snow-capped Mount Hood. It's known for its parks, bridges, and bicycle paths, as well as for its eco-friendliness, its microbreweries, and coffeehouses. Iconic Washington Park encompasses sites from the formal Japanese Garden to Oregon Zoo and its railway. The city hosts thriving art, theater, and music scenes.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.