Client Service Representative @ Lake Grove Veterinary Clinic
Lake Oswego, OR - Lake Grove Vet Clinic /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Lake Grove Veterinary Clinic /
At Lake Grove Veterinary Clinic, we employ the finest veterinary professionals and deliver high quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity with our client base. We cultivate attractive working environments and cultures for every member of our hospital team, making sure they have the appropriate resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed as we care for their pet.
The Client Service Representative (CSR) acts as the first contact point with clients and visitors, both in person and over the phone, and represent the professional image of the hospital. Our CSR team is a key driver of the day’s flow and a critical component of our care team. The main responsibilities of our CSR department include but are not limited to answering incoming phone calls, greeting and checking-in clients, checking-out clients and accurately updating financial records, preparing patient files and documents, as well as acting as liaison for client communications.
Our hospital is open to clients Mon – Fri, 7:30 am – 7:00 pm and Saturdays between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday, there are three available CSR shifts, which alternate on a weekly basis, typically these are: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, and 10:30 am -7:30 pm. Saturday hours may vary.
Education + License Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Client Service or receptionist background in a veterinary setting strongly preferred.
- General computer knowledge required; comfortable with Microsoft suite, keyboarding, and use of communication tools such as Instant Messenger and email.
- Significant experience with basic office functions in a busy office environment.
- Experience with multi-line phone systems and coordinating incoming and outgoing calls.
- Adapt to a rapidly changing or ever-fluid working environment while keeping a positive and professional demeanor.
- Quickly learn how to pronounce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms.
- Perform basic computer skills, type 30 words per minute.
- Maintain high attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines both on a daily and weekly basis.
- Consistent output of high quality work with precise attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to actively participate in team oriented processes.
Veterinary Knowledge / Client Education
· Ability to answer client inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures.
· Ability to educate clients on over-the-counter products such as shampoos and nutraceuticals.
· Ability to guide clients to make appropriate decisions regarding optimum pet care.
· Ability to appropriately triage a medical emergency and following the outlined protocols.
Admitting / Discharging Patients/ Cash Handling
· Ability to admit patients and handle medical records entries accurately.
· Ability to prepare health euthanasia and after care paperwork and discuss with client.
· Ability to handle client/patient transfers with ease.
· Ability to prepare client invoices for services performed.
· Ability to accurately handle payment transactions and balance the drawer at the end of their shift.
· Ability to accurately and empathetically communicate estimates or treatment plans to clients.
· Ability to maintain effective communication with clients both in person and in writing.
· Ability to bond with clients during interactions while upholding our emphasis on the personal connection we make with each client we serve.
· Ability to keep the front desk and lobby a welcoming, warm, and positive environment at all times.
Computer Knowledge / Telephone Skills
· Receive and relay telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly.
· Utilize a multi-line phone system and answer incoming telephone calls and handle the calls quickly, efficiently, and in a profession manner.
· Maintain and enter client and patient information into practice computer software.
· Exhibit competency in regards to basic computer skills
· Always maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
Personal Conduct / Attitude / Teamwork
· Ability to maintain positive and cooperative relationships with other employees.
· Ability to display tact and respect with team members even when busy or hectic.
· Ability to feel and express a genuine liking for animals, their owners, and for working in the animal care field.
· Ability to express empathy toward distressed or grieving clients.
· Always conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner at all times.
· Ability to deal intelligibly, pleasantly, and efficiently with clients, often while multi-tasking.
· Ability to greet clients by name with poise and natural effort.
· Ability to confidently outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
· Ability to turn future clients (phone-shoppers) into clients through relationship building and bonding.
· Ability to prioritize and easily remember client and patient names and use them during every interaction.
· Ability to handle client correspondence including email, follow-up calls, and messages or requests made through AllyDVM.
· Maintain a professional and welcoming appearance in the front office including keeping the lobby and desk area clean and tidy.
· Stocking and restocking retail displays and inventory.
· Facilitate proper upkeep for and troubleshoot office equipment; including but not limited to, computers, telephones, and copier.
Record keeping/ Filing
· Ability to accurately and appropriately document conversations with clients in the medical record.
· Ability to correctly file and attach records from referring veterinarians or outside clinics to the correct patient record.
· Ability to work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
· Understands and carries out oral and written directions with limited or no direct supervision.
· Ensure all assigned tasks on Daily CSR task list are completed as assigned.
· Ability to adjust to the deadline requirements of the day, knowing these might be a moving target.
Environmental / Physical Requirements
· Continual talking to people in person on the telephone and via e-mail.
· Continual hearing in person and on the telephone.
· Vision for close work.
· Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time.
· Noise level consistent with that of a busy veterinary hospital setting in a “high traffic” area within the office.
· Work requires lifting and carrying inventory and equipment weighing up to 30 lbs
· Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal urine and feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
· Assist other staff, including Doctors, Technicians, and Kennel Technicians with non-medical tasks when requested.
· Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings or training.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.