Veterinarian Assistant @ West Frederick Veterinary Hosptial
Frederick, MD - West Frederick Veterinary Hospital /
Hospitals in North TX, OK, PA, VA, MD – West Frederick Veterinary Hospital /
At West Frederick Veterinary Hospital, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed.
The Veterinary Assistant will support our Doctors and Technicians by creating a positive, atmosphere for our clients and patients. You will maintain records, prepare surgical suites and surgical patients. You will also fill prescriptions, perform laboratory work and diagnostic imaging, and provide compassionate care and a home away from home for boarded and hospitalized pets. They aid the veterinarians in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. They have a very significant role in communicating with and education clients about their pets.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish)
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends (Saturdays) & holidays if clinic is open.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Feed animals and monitor whether they're eating.
- Bathe pets when necessary.
- Exercise the animals.
- Assist veterinarians and vet technicians with lab work.
- Clean, sterilize, and maintain kennels, operating rooms, examining rooms, cages, and surgical equipment.
- Comfort and restrain pets during examinations and care.
- Provide first aid to pets in an emergency, stabilizing them until a doctor can take over.
- Administer medications to pets.
- Perform some clerical duties.
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.