Veterinary Assistant @ Emergency Pet Care of Texas
Magnolia, TX - Emergency Pet Care of Texas /
Hospitals in South TX, AZ, OR, WA – Emergency Pet Care of Texas /
At Emergency Pet Care of Texas, located in the heart of Magnolia, TX, is an outstanding 24-hour AAHA Accredited animal emergency hospital. We are seeking a full-time Veterinary Assistant, as we continue to grow and develop into a specialty practice to support the needs of North Houston surrounding areas like Tomball, Woodlands, Magnolia, and Conroe.
As the Veterinary Assistant, you are a key member of the hospital team who supports and assists the veterinarians and veterinary technicians, ensuring the safety of pets, clients and other associates, and the continuity of quality veterinary care. The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high-quality veterinary medicine and patient In this position you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients.
Schedule: Full-time. Available to work on nights, weekends, and holidays.
Check us out on Facebook!
Duties will include:
- Maintaining medical records.
- Preparing surgical suite and surgical patients, including cleaning of surgical suites, patient rooms, and general/common areas.
- Filling prescriptions.
- Performing laboratory work and diagnostic imaging.
- Comfortable with dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes. Ability to restrain appropriately & safely (when necessary) fractious pets.
- Able to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
- Detail oriented with the ability to think clearly and multitask in a busy environment.
- Ability to perform basic math accurately.
Who we are looking for
- Team player who thrives on supporting the team in every way
- Make educated recommendations to our clients and providing exceptional customer service
- Works hard and has fun doing it!
- Eager to learn
- Responsible and accountable individuals
- A can-do attitude
- Work well independently and in a group.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are always to be worn.
- Must be 18 years or older
This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make the decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 40 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
· Work-Life-Family balanced scheduling
· Competitive Compensation Plans
· Maternity and Paternity
· Mentorship / Training
· Licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
· Medical, vision, dental, and more
· Paid-time off (full-time employees)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
Don't Wait! Click Here and Apply Today!
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.