Senior R&D Manager (Europe)
Engineering – R & D /
Here at Pex, we're on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone. We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
As the Senior R&D Manager, you will be a leader of one of our R&D teams and your role will be crucial for the successful delivery of the projects the team is working on. You will manage a team of engineers and researchers from various backgrounds and skill levels. We operate according to the “Servant Leadership” philosophy and believe our managers should enable their teams to fulfill their potential by actively promoting an intention-based work environment over a permission-based one.
The team is a fully remote, cross-functional team responsible for developing audio, music, video, and image search algorithms and models that power Pex's Attribution Engine. It is made up of talented researchers and software engineers who are always keen to learn about state-of-the-art technologies. The team is split into sub-teams corresponding to the main projects that relate to fingerprinting and search algorithms.
At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take the initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
We’re looking for an accomplished and pragmatic leader who will work on the implementation of the R&D vision in the team and across the organization. As the R&D Manager, you will:
• Manage one of our R&D teams and projects that relate to our search technologies - audio, video, melody, and image matching
• Cooperate with team tech leads on defining the goals and tasks
• Proactively bring up new ideas
• Ensure the team works effectively
• Mentor and coach the team members
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Background in Machine Learning, Music Information Retrieval, Audio Signal Processing, or Computer Vision
• Experience with management of research-oriented teams - position of team manager, tech lead, or similar
• Experience with software engineering, algorithms, C++, Python, Git and code review processes, Linux environment
• Knowledge of high-performance computing
• Experience with audio processing, digital signal processing, or
• Experience with music information retrieval, or
• Experience with video processing, computer vision, image processing, or image retrieval
• A modest attitude which is a key to good collaboration
• Outstanding communication skills in English (both spoken and written)
Perks and Benefits
• Salary: $115,200 - $144,000 USD/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
• Generous paid parental leave
• A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.