Senior Market Research Analyst
Remote (North America) /
Revenue – Business Development /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing together rightsholders, platforms and creators to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
The Revenue team at Pex is a fully remote group made up of business development, business intelligence, marketing, and sales. The Senior Market Research Analyst is responsible for defining new markets and audiences for Pex’s revenue teams. It is a strategic role that works closely with revenue and product stakeholders to qualify, interpret, and plan new initiatives as well as provide ongoing marketplace analysis on key business objectives.
- Prospect, evaluate, and define new verticals and subsequent segments
- Qualify business requirements for new defined categories
- Interpret market audiences to support revenue and product marketing planning
- Partner with revenue operations to interpret measurement practices and provide recommended optimizations across the organization
- Work closely with product to rationalize new market requirements, while considering product timeline and technical feasibility
- Ability to independently research new revenue opportunities, integrate relevant information, and make informed projections
- Strong communication and presentation skills, namely the ability to relay actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Experience with advanced Excel modeling skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
Perks and Benefits:
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.