Senior Java Developer
Remote (United States, Canada) /
Engineering – Backend /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine, a three-sided marketplace built to bring rightsholders, platforms, and creators together and simplify the existing licensing process. By making ownership information more transparent and readily available, bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process, and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively, we believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Our Engineering team is a fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
You will be responsible for learning and understanding Pex’s data acquisition architecture, working on the data acquisition component that’s responsible for incoming file processing and contributing to our general data pipeline and content ingestion workflows.
Many of our team members at Pex did not follow the traditional career path. Rather than focusing on schools attended, degrees completed, and companies worked at, we value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Experience and fluency in Java and/or Kotlin
• Ability to communicate and work effectively in a distributed team
• Experience with Go, Spring Framework, and/or Uber Cadence is a plus
• Java, Kotlin, Go, C/C++
• CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
• Docker, Kubernetes
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $140,000 - $175,000/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
• Generous paid parental leave
• Day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• A fully remote working environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.