Remote (North America) /
Engineering – Backend /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rightsholders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
The Engineering team at Pex is a fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. We operate according to the “Servant Leadership” philosophy and believe our managers should enable their teams to fulfill their potential by actively promoting an intention-based work environment over a permission-based one. We value transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel empowered to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
If you’re looking to solve engineering problems at an impressive scale with massive amounts of data, if you're driven by challenge and eager to have a direct impact on the success of a company, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Spans tens of thousands of servers and trillions of rows of data and is very broad
- Go, Java, C/C++
- Data: PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by Citus) and FoundationDB
- CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
- Kubernetes to support our expansive development, QA and production environments
- Report to Head of Engineering
- Help team members in designing and developing Pex products
- Support team’s work with timely feedback and coaching
- Actively participate in each individual team member’s growth
- Ensure a light, disciplined process
- Collaborate with Product team to learn, understand, and solve problems
- Understand the big-picture while participating in architecture and design discussions
- Translate requirements into technical needs and actions while supervising engineering team deliverables
- Ask the right questions to guide smart and technical decision-making
- Have experience making strategic decisions
- Enjoy building teams, recruiting and onboarding new engineers
- Are experienced with or familiar with Go (nice-to-have!)
Perks and Benefits:
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.