Senior Database Administrator (US, Canada)
Remote (United States, Canada) /
Engineering – Infrastructure /
Here at Pex, we're on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone.
We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
Building the first solution capable of identifying, attributing, and licensing content in real-time, even before it’s published, is no small feat, so we’re looking for a new Senior Database Administrator to join us on our quest to bring freedom, fairness, and transparency to the Internet.
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is a fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
We are looking for someone who cares deeply about data, and database hygiene. We have several large, mission- critical, traditional and non-traditional databases upon which you would gain ownership when joining us. You will both lead, and implement regular hardware, OS, and software maintenance efforts for Postgres, Postgres+Citus, Foundation DB, Scylla and Elasticsearch deployments, etc. You’ll lead the regular assessment of data hygiene of various databases, and participate in vacuum’s, index creation, etc in collaboration with our existing team of data architects.
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to your success in this role:
• Experience administering both traditional SQL and NoSQL databases at scale and high 9’s
• Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with Data Architects, and Software Development Engineers alike
• You hate toil and are highly proficient at scripting and automating in at least one language
• Interest and awareness of current and future trends in the database realm, cutting-edge is our middle name and you love to be ahead of the curve
• Go, C++, Python
• Postgres, Citus, Foundation DB, Scylla (Cassandra), Elastic, InfluxDB, Prometheus
• CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins and Flux
• Kubernetes, Docker
Perks and Benefits
• Salary: $140,000 - $170,000 USD/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
• 401(k) with a considerable match for all US-based employees
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
• Generous paid parental leave
• A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.