Reverse Engineer (EU)
Remote (Europe) /
Engineering – Backend /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians, and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more money while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rightsholders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process, and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Do you want to pioneer reverse engineering at Pex and have a unique impact across all our engineering teams? Do you like digging deep down into complex problems and find creative solutions? If you find yourself nodding to these questions, then this role is for you.
Our Discovery team is a small, fully remote, cross-functional team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
• Analyze app binaries and web applications with the goal to reproduce/replicate certain
behaviors by using tools of your choice
• Be able to independently scrape the data even if it is difficult to access
• Enhance our products by helping to add new platforms and discover more videos
• Use your skillset to help to increase the security of our engineering products by making any of our SDKs, APIs, binaries safe
• Help out across other engineering teams in the area of your expertise
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Knowledge of low-level system internals of multiple platforms (Linux, macOS, mobile, etc.)
• Good knowledge of Chrome developer tools and its debugger (or some comparable alternative) wrt. dynamic analysis
• Experience with binary obfuscation techniques
• Familiarity with ARM and x86 assembly
• Experience working with disassembled release binaries in tools like IDA Pro, Ghidra, etc.
• Familiarity with applied cryptography and different network security concepts/protocols
• Basic programming skills in Go or a similar language
• Ability to work independently
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $110,000 - $120,000 / year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Generous paid parental leave
• The day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• A fully remote working environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.