Senior Data Engineer
Remote (United States, Canada) /
Engineering – Machine Learning /
Here at Pex, we're on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone.
We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
Building the first solution capable of identifying, attributing, and licensing content in real-time, even before it’s published, is no small feat, so we’re looking for a new Senior Data Engineer to join us on our quest to bring freedom, fairness, and transparency to the Internet.
The Machine Learning (ML) team at Pex is a fully remote team made up of Data Scientists and Infrastructure Engineers that are working on some challenging technical problems, at scale. This team is responsible for the full R&D life cycle - from collaborating on new research initiatives to working with our backend team to deploy machine learning systems.
As a dedicated Senior Data Engineer within our ML team, you will provide technical support for the team by creating and maintaining datasets and architecting efficient storage and streaming of data working specifically on data pipelines, deployments, data exploration, and visualizations.
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Solid understanding of data structures
• Interest in building efficient pipelines for machine learning applications
• Ability to write strong, maintainable code (preferably Python and/or C++)
• Go, Java, C/C++, Python
• CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
• Docker, Kubernetes
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $140,000 - $170,000/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
• Generous paid parental leave
• The day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• A fully remote and flexible work environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.