Senior Data Engineer for Machine Learning
Remote (North America) /
Engineering – Machine Learning /
Here at Pex, we've built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians, and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content, and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace that brings together rightsholders, platforms and creators to simplify the existing licensing process. By making ownership information more transparent and readily available, bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process, and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively, we believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
The Machine Learning (ML) team at Pex is a fully remote team made up of Data Scientists and Infrastructure Engineers that are working on some challenging technical problems, at scale. This team is responsible for the full R&D life cycle - from collaborating on new research initiatives to working with our backend team to deploy machine learning systems.
As a dedicated Data Engineer within our ML team, you will provide technical support for the team by creating and maintaining datasets and architecting efficient storage and streaming of data working specifically on data pipelines, deployments, data exploration, and visualizations.
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Solid understanding of data structures
• Interest in building efficient pipelines for machine learning applications
• Ability to write strong, maintainable code (preferably Python and/or C++)
• Go, Java, C/C++, Python
• CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
• Docker, Kubernetes
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $140,000 - $160,000/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
• Generous paid parental leave
• The day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• A fully remote and flexible work environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.