Lead Data Architect (Europe)
Remote (Europe) /
Engineering – Data /
Here at Pex, we're on a mission to democratize digital rights for everyone.
We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
As the Lead Data Architect, you will play a key role in setting the long-term direction of Pex’s Data Team that you will help build and develop. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to design complex data architectures and set up a strategy for data analytics deliverance internally and externally. Our scale is massive, so scalability and maintainability must always be top of mind.
Our engineering organization is made up of fully distributed and cross-functional teams that have talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
We’re looking for an accomplished and pragmatic data architect who will lead our data vision and its implementation across the organization. As the Lead Data Architect, you will:
• Be an influential and trusted leader for everything data-related at Pex
• Drive overall data and data flow architecture
• Promote data best practices within the team and beyond
• Collaborate with our hiring team to play an active role in building and coaching the Data Team
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Deep understanding of large scale data architectures
• Experience with leading projects of large data volume (10s to 100s of TB of data) stored in heterogeneous data sources
• Deep understanding of data warehousing concepts, data update strategies, data modeling, data pipelines, and workflows
• Knowledge of various tools helping to tackle data-related problems, such as database engines, ETL/ELT tools, workflow tools, database modeling/lineage tools, etc.
• Understanding of Business Intelligence tools and concepts, experience with delivering analytical applications to the customers
• Experience with making and owning large-scale decisions that impact the long-term direction of a product
• Outstanding communication skills, diplomacy, and humility to lead
• Ability to work effectively in a fully remote and distributed team
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $140,000 - $180,000 USD
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Generous paid parental leave
• Day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• A fully remote working environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.