Senior Marketing and Communications Director
Remote (North America) /
Marketing – Product Marketing /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing together rightsholders, platforms and creators to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
This role is an exciting opportunity to build out the marketing team at Pex and bring strategy and expertise to a fast-growing company. We believe that our story will change the way people think about digital content creation and attribution. We need a Senior Director to shape our messaging and share our vision not just with our key audiences, but on a national and global scale. If you’re excited to manage a growing team, launch a first-of-its-kind product, and make Pex the most talked about company in digital rights, then we’d love to meet you.
- Oversee strategy and development of marketing & communication initiatives for Pex
- Manage a team to build the product positioning, value proposition, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategy for current and upcoming Pex products & partnerships
- Think creatively to develop & push an owned content strategy, as well as Pex’s own webinars and conferences
- Develop innovative marketing strategies and communication plans that drive brand awareness, trust, and product adoption
- Collaborate and drive messaging alignment cross functionally within the organization
- Define and implement KPIs for measuring marketing success across product marketing & revenue activities
- At least 7+ years of B2B marketing & communications experience or similar
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging trends in communications and develop programs into actionable plans
- Experience developing and managing a team touching multiple disciplines: brand, PR, product marketing, etc.
- You have regularly worked cross-functionally with both business and technical stakeholders
- You are comfortable working with data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Prior experience building marketing programs at B2B technology companies and / or in the digital media space is a huge plus
- Track record of deploying go to market programs in technology companies for enterprise software, SaaS, or similar
- Knowledge of Digital Content Platforms, the Music and Entertainment industry and / or Copyright regulation is a strong plus
- Desire to foster a team-wide culture of creativity, collaboration, and consistent results driven execution
Perks and Benefits
- Salary: $130,000-140,000/ year
- Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.