Senior Product Designer
Remote (North America) /
Product – Design /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rights holders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
The design team at Pex is a team made up of versatile, dynamic designers who are focused on pushing Pex’s products forward. We have hands-on involvement and contribute to shaping the products we build at all stages of the process, from early ideation and exploration through to finalized design and execution.
This is an incredible opportunity to face complex design problems that involve taking billions of data points and creating novel ways for people to structure, visualize, and make sense of it all, so if you're a well-rounded and seasoned designer that is curious, independent, analytical, and just as motivated as we are to solve the big challenges we encounter, this is the role for you!
- Make data more human friendly by building useful, responsive and beautiful interfaces
- Create tools for artists and brands to find, track and monetize their videos and audio
- Work closely with product managers, fellow designers, engineers and company stakeholders to ask questions, understand and define the problems that need to be solved
- Iterate quickly and efficiently using prototypes, mock-ups, wireframes, and flowcharts - you put your full design toolkit to work in whatever form is needed to communicate your solutions
- Create production ready work and work directly with engineers to execute designs as required
- Have a strong understanding of current best-practices and pattern fundamentals and keep your eyes peeled for well-executed in-the-wild examples.
- Advocate for our users and are a champion of efficient, no-fuss design
- 5-10 years of professional UX/UI experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience taking a concept through to product launch
- Fluency with technical skills: wireframes and prototyping, UI and UX design, Sketch, basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Highly collaborative and able to operate with team members at all levels
- Confident in your expertise and will justify decisions when appropriate
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can quickly adapt as needed to get things done
- Passion for simplicity and eye for visual detail
Perks and Benefits:
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.