DevOps Manager (AUS, NZ)
Remote (Australia, New Zealand) /
Engineering – Infrastructure /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rightsholders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
If you are passionate about DevOps and Infrastructure and are looking to build and lead teams who are solving problems at massive scale with massive amounts of data, or if you are driven by challenge and eager to have a direct impact on the success of a company, then this is the opportunity for you!
The Infrastructure team at Pex is a fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. We operate according to the “Servant Leadership” philosophy and believe our managers should enable their teams to fulfill their potential by actively promoting an intention-based work environment over a permission-based one. We value transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel empowered to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
- Reports to Director of Infrastructure
- Help team members in designing and developing Pex products
- Support team’s work with timely feedback and coaching
- Actively participate in each individual team member’s growth
- Ensure a light, disciplined processCollaborate with Product and Software Dev teams to learn, understand, and solve problems
- Understand the big-picture while participating in architecture and design discussions
- Translate requirements into technical needs and actions while supervising infrastructure team deliverables
- Ask the right questions to guide smart and technical decision-making
- Have experience making strategic decisions
- Enjoy building teams, recruiting and onboarding new engineers
- Experience managing teams already
- Are experienced or familiar with SRE, Docker, K8s, and Golang (nice-to-have!)
- Spans thousands of servers and trillions of rows of data and is very broad
- Go, Java, C/C++ with sprinklings of Bash, Ansible and Python
- PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by Citus) and FoundationDB
- GitOps: Jenkins, Flux, and Helm
- Kubernetes to support our expansive development, QA and production environments
- Metrics via the TICK stack along with Prometheus and Grafana to visualize it all
- Mostly Azure, but we will be multi-cloud soon, and that probably means some bare metal too.
Perks and Benefits:
- Salary: $110,000 - $120,000/year (USD)
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.