Senior Frontend Engineer
Remote (North America) /
Engineering – Frontend /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more money while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rights holders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Our front-end team is currently in a transition period, and we are reevaluating our current tech stack so this opportunity is not for someone who is looking for just another React role. Instead, it's for someone who is open-minded and senior enough to understand where we are, help decide the direction we should take, and work together with the rest of the team to get us there.
- Spans tens of thousands of servers and trillions of rows of data and is very broad
- TypeScript, React, MobX, Jest, React Testing Library, and Cypress on the frontend
- Go, Java, C/C++ on the backend
- PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by Citus) and FoundationDB for data
- CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
- Kubernetes to support our expansive development, QA and production environments
- Drive the decision-making process and directly impact the direction of the team
- Identify new frameworks and libraries that can help to simplify our code and enhance user experience
- Deploy testable front-end code with performance, maintainability, and scale in mind
- Work closely with designers, content creators and backend engineers to give early technical feedback on how features and other changes are implemented, how they affect timelines, and what tradeoffs they require
- Improve our existing front-end code
- Mentor junior engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy finding creative solutions to technical challenges and appreciate the balance between strong convictions and a pragmatic approach
- You don't shy away from writing tests
- You are obsessed with user experience
- You are comfortable working fully remote with a distributed team
Perks and Benefits:
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.