Remote (North America) /
Product – Product Management /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rights holders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
The Product team at Pex is a fully remote team made up of Product Managers, designers and business analysts. Product managers are responsible for guiding the success of our products and leading cross-functional teams that are responsible for building and improving them. It is an important organizational role that sets the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for our products.
- Play a significant role in defining and managing the product strategy, and overall company vision, around digital rights including attribution, licensing, analytics and dispute resolution
- Understand client and market needs and gather product requirements
- Identify market opportunities
- Develop product roadmap to ensure accurate, timely and consistent delivery of products
- Lead the development and launch of new products and services
- Maintain currency with the digital rights marketplace and trends
- After launch use client feedback, industry best practice and data points available to create new useful tools and optimize these products
- Coordinate a team of Pex designers, developers and business managers to achieve business objectives
- Manage internal and external partners
- Function as an internal champion to evangelize the product roadmap across the organization
- Work closely with other product managers to continue to improve our product development process
- Experience with rights management or licensing systems (music or video)
- Experience in a product management role or equivalent highly preferred
- Strong technical acumen and ability to collaborate with engineers and designers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organizational and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments and timelines
- Experience in SAAS is a plus
- Capable of building something from scratch and seeing it through
Perks and Benefits:
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.