Senior Director of Business Development
Remote (Europe) /
Revenue – Business Development /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing together rightsholders, platforms and creators to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
The Revenue team at Pex is a fully remote group made up of business development, business intelligence, marketing, and sales. The Director of Platform Sales will be responsible for driving revenue success with social platforms within their target market. Sales leaders are expected to exercise strategic relationship building with a strong focus on client business outcomes. Above winning, all sales roles commit to their clients with integrity as an external facing member of Pex.
- Represent and champion Pex externally in the European market
- Meet and exceed revenue goals and key performance indicators for Pex’s platform product and solutions lines
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key accounts
- Partner with revenue operations to improve sales processes and procedures
- Provide customer feedback internally to product and revenue teams
- 6+ years experience of enterprise sales or software sales experience (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of developing partnerships with companies at the Executive/C-suite level
- Sales related experience with digital platforms and/or enterprise licensing
- A track record of success in revenue generation
- Strong knowledge of rights holders, music/video licensing, and social platforms
- Preferred knowledge of copyright relating to digital media
- Fluent in English and at least one (preferably more) European language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Perks and Benefits:
- Salary: $78,000 - $93,000 / year
- Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.