Senior Frontend Engineer (EU)
Remote (Europe) /
Engineering – Frontend /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more money while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rights holders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Our Engineering team is a fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
• Help drive the decision-making process and directly impact the direction of the frontend team
• Identify new frameworks and libraries that can help to simplify our code and enhance user experience
• Deploy testable front-end code with performance, maintainability, and scale in mind
• Work closely with designers, content creators, and backend engineers to give early technical feedback on how features and other changes are implemented, how they affect timelines, and what tradeoffs they require
• Improve our existing front-end code
• Help grow and mentor junior engineers
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Ability to communicate and work effectively in a fully remote and distributed team
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $80,000 - $100,000/year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• Generous paid parental leave
• Day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• A fully remote working environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.