Senior Support Engineer (Europe)
Anywhere in Europe /
Operations – Operations /
Pex is a digital rights technology company, enabling the fair and transparent use of copyrighted content at the speed and scale of the Internet.
We serve everyone who uses the Internet to view, share or create content – from the largest platforms and rightsholders, to independent creators. Our advanced licensing infrastructure allows platforms to manage and license content before it's published, empowering creators to upload freely while respecting copyright. In return, rightsholders are able to monitor and capitalize on the content they own.
Unlike other copyright technology companies, our real-time marketplace brings people and platforms together to support the full content ecosystem and all of its constituents. We are building towards a world in which creators can freely mix and remix content, a world in which rights are respected and rightsholders are correctly identified and properly compensated, and a world in which platforms are able to innovate while bringing everyone together without fear of litigation.
As we build groundbreaking products with global scale, we're looking for highly-motivated and curious individuals to join us on our mission to support the creator economy with fair and transparent licensing.
As the Senior Support Engineer, you will establish and maintain technical support processes at Pex, including ticket triage, monitoring, outage handling, and more. You will collaborate mainly with our Customer Success, Product, and Development teams to resolve customer issues and set up tools and processes. An important part of your role will also be updating documentation based on your interactions with customers.
We are a fully remote, cross-functional team responsible for developing audio, music, video, and image search algorithms and models that power Pex's Attribution Engine. You will be a part of the Operations dept., and you will work closely with the Pex Customer Success Manager, but we expect you to collaborate with colleagues across the organization as well.
We’re looking for an accomplished and pragmatic technical support engineer who will work hard to solve customer issues, while also being able to lay down the groundwork for future team growth. As the Senior Support Engineer, you will:
• Put in place support processes (triage, SLAs, monitoring, outage handling, and more)
• Put in place support tools (Ticket Tracker, integrations with Issue Tracking, Integration with the on-call system, etc.)
• Handle customer issues and questions
• Communicate with customers during outages
• Build FAQs
• Suggest and implement improvements to Support workflows
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Experience from the support team in a (software) company
• Understanding of how Support operates and is measured
• Capable of putting Support processes in place
• Capable of negotiating with leads of other departments
• Being organized and willing to define and maintain process documentation
• Willing to personally support customers
• Knowledge of the common support systems like Zendesk or Freshdesk
• Basic knowledge of programming, APIs, and debugging
Nice to Have
• Experience with the music industry
Perks and Benefits
• Salary: $72,000 - $79,000 USD / year
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
• Generous paid parental leave
• A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.