Communications and PR Manager
Remote (North America) /
Marketing – Product Marketing /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing together rightsholders, platforms and creators to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
We are looking for a PR Manager to take our external communications and brand awareness to new levels. It’s time everyone knows Pex and how we are changing digital content creation for the better! This is a very exciting and crucial time for the company, and we need an experienced storyteller to get our message out, communicate our mission and vision, and make Pex the go-to leader for digital rights and licensing. If you excel at creating unique and compelling content, can put together events that get people talking, and can hone messaging for multiple different audiences, we’d love to meet you.
- Develop, manage, and execute strategic PR initiatives
- Establish and strengthen relationships with key journalists and thought leaders in technology, entertainment industry, and premium press & media outlets
- Create engaging content supporting Pex’s external communications, including but not limited to social media accounts, corporate blog and employee blog
- Manage and partner with Pex’s external PR agency in ongoing executional support
- Work directly with leadership to identify and secure thought leadership and speaking opportunities at conferences and beyond
- Work with cross-functional teams including marketing, product, and revenue to uncover unique and newsworthy story ideas through earned media coverage
- At least 5+ years of communications, PR or journalism experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable with writing press releases and story outlines, and pitching a wide range of reporters cross-industries
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with strong project management skills in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You are comfortable in a complex technical environment working with data to craft unique and valuable stories for the entertainment and technology industries
- Strong knowledge of current digital media trends with an understanding of emerging platforms, music and entertainment
- Team player and also a strategic thinker who can take initiative
- Ability to prioritize information quickly and succinctly while keeping close attention to detail
Perks and Benefits
- Salary: $90,000-100,000/ year
- Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.