Site Reliability Engineer (EMEA)
Remote (Europe) /
Engineering – Infrastructure /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rightsholders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Our Infrastructure team spans the globe and is fully remote while maintaining a strong identity and bond. We come from various backgrounds and origins but we all have a few things in common: we love - challenging and dynamic problems, automating everything, observability, reliability, accountability and spreading the SRE way. We strive to work ourselves out of the job, knowing that it is never really an attainable goal. We share and avoid hoarding information. We strive to create an environment where all team members are empowered to take ownership, experiment and learn from their mistakes.
Do you like board games or other games of strategy? Do you work well under pressure? Do you like solving problems of massive scale? Do you like thinking about ways to use tools in unconventional ways? Do you like thinking long-term? Do you want to have the ability to have a direct impact on the success of a company and create something entirely new in the marketplace? If you found yourself nodding to a few of these questions, let's chat!
- Spans tens of thousands of servers and trillions of rows of data and is very broad
- Go, Java, C/C++ with sprinklings of Bash, Ansible and Python.
- PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by Citus) and FoundationDB
- GitOps: Jenkins, Flux, and Helm
- Kubernetes to support our expansive development, QA and production environments
- TICK, Prometheus, Grafana
- Mostly Azure, but we will be multi-cloud soon, and that probably means some bare metal too
- Build, manage, and monitor our extensive infrastructure
- Introduce and test new technologies, tools, and systems that enable fast and safe code deployment
- Work closely with team members to identify and automate manual and repetitive processes ensuring efficiency, quality, and scalability
- Optimize our CI/CD pipelines
- Design and champion SRE best-practices
- Experience building scalable infrastructure
- Intimate knowledge of one of the major cloud services
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools like Helm, Flux, ARM and infrastructure automation tools like Ansible
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Curious and collaborative team player who takes ownership of new and challenging problems and sees them through.
- Not afraid to ask for help or ask questions, and you share knowledge openly
Perks and Benefits:
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.