Remote (North America) /
Engineering – Web Backend /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rightsholders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing rightsholders, platforms, and creators together to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
As a Web Developer, you’ll play a vital role as part of our Engineering team - a fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel empowered to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
If you’re motivated to help solve engineering problems at an impressive scale and with massive amounts of data, and if you're driven by challenge and eager to have a direct impact on the success of a company, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Spans tens of thousands of servers and trillions of rows of data and is very broad
- Go, Java, C/C++
- PostgreSQL (horizontally distributed by Citus) and FoundationDB
- CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins
- Kubernetes to support our expansive development, QA and production environments
- Work with design and engineering teams to translate wireframes and mockups into HTML/CSS
- Integrate data from back-end services and databases
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices, news, workshops and conferences, and emerging technologies
- Experience with Go and React = nice-to-have
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn new technologies, work, and grow in a fast-paced environment
Perks and Benefits:
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary & equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.