Director of Digital Rights
Remote (United States) /
Operations – Operations /
We have built the largest audio-visual search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rights holders to understand the usage of their content and help them to earn more money while exposing their content to wider audiences.
We are building on this legacy of digital content identification and management to develop a market-making product we call the Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine is a three-sided marketplace bringing together rightsholders, platforms and creators to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available; bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process; and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
We are looking for an empathetic, results driven leader who can help define and write the next chapter of success for our DRM product. You'll be both hands-on and strategic in helping us get to the next level. All positions at Pex are fully remote.
- Develop scalable and effective content claiming processes, policies and procedures to enable content claiming teams to run efficiently and effectively
- Build and manage our internal content claiming and administration team
- Develop and implement ways to measure team performance with a data driven approach
- Analyze data to create prioritization strategies with clients
- Advocate for customers while capturing feedback and reporting requests to Product Management and Development
- Serve as a proactive member of the leadership team. Continually partner cross-functionally to support our strategic goals and growth
- 7+ years of experience in the digital rights space
- Expert level understanding of YouTube Content ID and other content management systems
- Analytical approach to work, ability to make data backed decisions
- Experience building and managing lean, high growth teams
- Ability to set clear and challenging goals with a commitment to improving performance and accountability in driving results
- Possess a growth mindset in the face of challenges with a willingness to approach them creatively and rebelliously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate well with your team and stakeholders across the business
- Ability for working in a dynamic, fast-paced and remote work context, where you can lead with minimal guidance
Perks and Benefits:
- Salary: $130,000 - $140,000/year
- Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.