Digital Rights Manager
Remote (North America, Europe) /
Revenue – Digital Rights /
Here at Pex, we have built the largest music and video search engine in the world allowing creators, musicians and rights holders (including labels, music distributors, and music publishers) to increase monetization and understand the usage of their content.
We are building on this legacy of digital content and music/video rights identification and management to develop a market-making product called Attribution Engine. The Attribution Engine (AE) is a three-sided platform bringing together rightsholders, platforms, and creators to simplify the existing licensing process by making ownership information more transparent and readily available, bringing scale and consistency to the licensing process, and ensuring that copyright disputes are resolved quickly and cost-effectively. We believe that the successful launch of this product will position Pex to become the Visa of Digital Rights.
Our Digital Rights (DR) Team manages the individual relationships with rightsholders across all media segments - music, film, video, broadcast, sports, and gaming. Responsibilities begin with introducing Attribution Engine to prospective rights holder customers in music (indie labels and distributors), ensuring sign up to the platform, and finally, ensuring labels and distributors are actively using and engaged on the platform. The DR Manager is expected to carry rightsholders through to successful licensing and revenue generation across all participating platforms.
- Build and manage relationships with key indie labels and indie music distributors
- Maintain active relationships with key rightsholders
- Present Pex as a company and promote the adoption of AE to indie labels and indie music distributors
- Coordinate catalog delivery with product team, provide product setup and training while fostering maximum licensing/monetization of catalog
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and success
- Support the Pex Customer Success team and its self-serve solution for AE rightsholders
- Think creatively about market needs and Pex’s capabilities in order to conceive future business development opportunities and partnerships
- Contribute to company education and communication in the areas of digital media and rights management
- 3+ years experience in music licensing or catalog management, preferably interacting with other labels, platforms, or distributors
- Comprehensive understanding of music licensing within streaming services, particularly those that are user-generated-content (UGC) or social media-based (i.e., YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, SoundCloud, etc.)
- A strong set of music industry contacts, preferably in Europe and/or North America
- Ability to understand a complex solution and present it in basic feature/benefit terms
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Ability to present yourself, Pex, and Pex services in a professional manner
- Excited to present a “disruptive” solution to the traditional music licensing model
- Comfortable working remotely with a distributed team
Perks and Benefits:
- Salary: $85,000 - $110,000 / year (North America); $50,000 - $65,000 / year (Europe)
- Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health insurance (99% employee and 70% dependent premium coverage for US-based employees)
- Generous paid parental leave
- The day off on your birthday
- 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
- A fully remote working environment
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.