Climate & Natural Hazards Data Analyst
PEXA Digital Growth – Land Insight /
Hi, we’re PEXA
Every time a house is bought, sold or refinanced in Australia your lawyer, conveyancer and lender will most likely use a digital platform to settle your property, this is where we come in. PEXA’s world-first digital settlement platform has revolutionised the way we exchange property in Australia helping over 20,000 people a week safely settle their homes. And this is just the beginning. Our data and insights are helping organisations unlock the intel they need to drive change and possibilities.
Since starting our journey in 2010, we now employ a team of over 1,000 people working across multiple continents. We’re still growing, innovating and looking ahead, but behind our greatest achievements, there is a team of curious creators and big thinkers. That’s why, we’re looking for ambitious people like yourself to join the team.
About The Role
Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment? Want to be part of a team that is bonded by a common purpose and is involved in solving one of the most complex and pressing issues of our times?? Do you like challenges and learning new things.
What You'll Do
- Research climate change at global, regional, and local levels.
- Manage, clean, and interpret data sets, ensuring data integrity and adherence to ethical and security standards.
- Apply data science techniques like predictive modelling and statistical inference.
- Oversee data-driven projects from problem identification to delivery.
- Enhance data science processes and best practices within the team to solve business problems.
- Conduct research projects and prepare reports for the Executive Leadership Team and Elected Members on sustainability issues related to climate change.
- Develop models and methodologies based on industry best practices for climate change scenario analysis and natural hazard modelling.
What You'll Bring
- Strong understanding of climate change and risk and resilience concepts.
- Experience working with climate and geospatial data.
- 3-5 years of industry experience, including proficiency in programming languages for data analysis (e.g., Python, R, Bash, SQL).
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in environmental engineering, environmental science, or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to investigate and interpret environmental data.
- Proven track record of driving climate resilience and climate change adaptation outcomes in large, complex organizations.
A career at PEXA starts with you!
If you think you have the required skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you – even if you don’t tick all the boxes. At PEXA we support your growth and help you discover your full potential.
Why join us
• Flexibility is in our DNA, with no set office days – work from any location in Australia
• Your holistic wellbeing is important to us. Enjoy meditation, yoga, boxing classes and a wellness day each month to recharge!
• We know that work is just one aspect of your life. That’s why we offer up to 12 weeks ‘workcation’ for you to extend personal travel time and work remotely
• Take the opportunity to purchase up to four weeks additional annual leave per year
• Learn from the best and upskill with PEXA Academy certifications and grow your career
Our commitment to our people and a better future
At PEXA we want you to embrace your best self each day, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and participate, so that every person can reach their full potential. We want our people to feel equally valued, supported and celebrated. With market-leading benefits that make a difference, we’re committed to supporting individuals, families and carers. Your culture, gender, sexual orientation, language and other attributes make you unique! We couldn't be prouder to have a team that reflects the richness of our wider community.
We’re a proud ‘Circle Back Initiative’ Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.