Senior iOS Engineer
Paris | Remote
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 10M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly, and our app was awarded the Best App of 2021 by Android and named Editor’s Choice by Apple. We recently launched our second product, the API, allowing us to deploy our tech at scale through a b-to-b motion.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey, having successfully raised our Series A and looking to scale to $100M ARR in 2024.
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, or Google. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
🤓 We are looking for a passionate, curious, and driven iOS engineer to bring the PhotoRoom app to the next level. You will have a huge impact on an app used and loved by millions of people.
💰 90k€-110k€* depending on experience + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come once a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ signing bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need it (English & French).
*We can go higher for outstanding profiles and we will adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than Paris.
✨ About the role ✨
- You will have a powerful impact on the PhotoRoom app used and loved by millions, and constantly featured by Apple (our rating on the App Store is at 4.8).
- You will have strong ownership of the product: you collaborate with the Aurélien (Mobile), Mathieu (Design team), and Ahmed (Product) on the definition of the product roadmap and of the new features.
- You will own your work from A to Z: it goes from working on the architecture and coding features to polishing top-notch interfaces in order to bring a delightful experience to our users.
- You will get fast feedback from our users and iterate quickly (we ship a new version of the app every week). You follow the usage of the product and make decisions based on that.
- You will learn or deepen new technologies like Metal, Core Image, and CoreML.
- You will work within a small multicultural team composed of 50 passionate, friendly & committed folks.
- Through your code, your reviews, by transmitting your knowledge and experience, you will have at heart the progress and the impact of the whole team.
- You will attend events regularly (Do iOS, Swift Connection... etc)
✨ About you ✨
- You have 5+ years of experience on iOS, mostly on consumer apps.
- You have experience with Swift and modern frameworks.
- You care a lot about user experience and have worked on user interfaces you are proud of.
- You have a strong sense of ownership. You take initiative and you are at ease to make product & technical decisions.
- You are pragmatic & favor speed of iteration over perfect. You believe that fast iteration is the best way to learn.
- You are curious and explore the latest trends in the iOS ecosystem.
- You are fluent in English (French is not required!).
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call with a Talent Manager
- Technical interview with the hiring manager
- Home technical assignment, reviewed with the team (can be compensated and does not take more than 3 hours)
- Culture fit interview and meet the team & founders!
Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
A small word from Franck: "Hi! I’ve been in iOS development for some time now, but being a part of the PhotoRoom team has been my most rewarding experience to date, knowing our work makes life easier for millions of users. I can’t wait for you to join, to learn from each other and see how far we can push the app together."
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.