Senior Fullstack Engineer (PhotoRoom API)
Paris | Remote /
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 7M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly and our app was awarded as the Best App of 2021 by Android and named Editor’s Choice by Apple.
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, Google, or Bumble. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
🤓 PhotoRoom is looking for their first API Engineer. You will work on a public API used by dozens of companies, leveraging PhotoRoom's technology to power their apps. Our API currently removes background from images using our award-winning algorithm and we are about to add outstanding features leveraging Stable Diffusion.
💰65k€-100k€* depending on experience + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come once a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (up to 10k€), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
💻 Technology - new MacBook Pro, monitor, keyboard, etc.
🏖️ Socials - Biannual company retreats, weekly Happy Hour & Game Time
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need them (English & French).
*We can go higher for outstanding profiles and adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than in Paris.
✨ About the role ✨
- You will be responsible for the design and development of our public API product (photoroom.com/api/) , used by dozens of companies to integrate PhotoRoom's technology in their products. It currently removes background from images using our award-winning algorithm and we are about to add outstanding features leveraging Stable Diffusion.
- You will have full ownership on the API: adding new features, ensuring robustness of existing ones, minimizing downtime and ensuring our documentation is top-notch
- You will get fast feedback from API users and will iterate quickly (we update the backend several times a week). You will follow the usage of the API and make decisions based on that.
- You will work within a small multicultural team composed of ~30 passionate, friendly & committed folks.
✨ You might thrive in this role if: ✨
- You have 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing REST APIs used by external partners (not just internal APIs)
- You have a thorough experience with the OpenAPI standard
- You have expertise in both Python (ideally Django) and React
- You are always the most pragmatic person in the room. You favor speed of iteration over perfect, always leverage frameworks and libraries to avoid reinventing the wheel.
- You have a hacker spirit and launched at least an API-related product in the past
- You have a strong sense of ownership. You take initiative and you are at ease to make product & technical decisions.
- You have worked as part of a talented team and have experience in a fast-growing startup.
- You are fluent in English (French is not required!).
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call
- Home technical assignment, followed by a review with the team (can be compensated and does not take more than 3 hours)
- Culture fit interview and meet the team!
- Reference check & Offer
- Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.