Senior Product Designer
Paris | Remote /
🤓Early employee in a team of 13 people, you’ll be leading design for PhotoRoom Mobile & Web App solving design challenges like inventing the camera of the entrepreneurs with an entire team passionate about user feedback. We run user testing weekly at McDonalds
💰60k€-80k€* + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come twice a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
🇬🇧PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English.
* We will adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than Paris.
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom enables entrepreneurs and small businesses to compose images that stand out. We leverage deep learning to translate pixels into objects, drastically simplifying non-creative tasks such as removing a background.
Founded by Matthieu Rouif (10 years of experience in mobile apps, built apps used by 100+ million users) and Eliot Andres (4 years of experience in large-scale computer vision), PhotoRoom was selected by Y Combinator in 2020. Talented engineers, designers and marketers have joined the team since then, coming from Apple, Algolia or Google among others.
Today, PhotoRoom is profitable and is used by more than millions of users every month. We improve our product and our technology with the support of world-class experts in the field like Yann LeCun, Roxanne Varza or Holger Seim. PhotoRoom was featured by Apple as one of the most innovative photo apps in recent years.
As a small tight-knit team, our priorities are impact and iteration speed. We ship new versions every week and talk to our users daily. There is nothing we enjoy more than working side-by-side with another team member to improve our users' experience.
Become one of the first hires in a fast-growing start-up and make your mark on a product used by millions of people.
✨ Your core mission ✨
You're the first full-time designer and lead PhotoRoom product design on all platforms. You will work closely with the co-founders and a team of senior and extremely talented engineers. You will:
- Lead conception, exploration, and accelerate development by prototyping ideas. This will directly impact PhotoRoom users.
- Measure the success of features and products in collaboration with the growth team, founders and engineers.
- Build PhotoRoom information infrastructure and brand
- Develop PhotoRoom helpful, friendly, human, and straightforward identity in the product.
- Set guidelines for PhotoRoom templates and contribute to them
At PhotoRoom, you will solve many original design challenges with the help of the team:
- Guide users to a successful object cutout every single time.
- Suggest the best template to every user
- Make advanced editing accessible to a billion users
- Invent the camera of the entrepreneurs
✨ About you ✨
Visual Interface Design — you can create visually elegant and accessible mobile application designs & flows.
Prototyping Skills — tool agnostic, you can bring your work to life or make it interactive — Framer, Protopie, etc.
Strong Communication — you are able to explain the 'why' behind your ideas and collaborate persuasively with others.
Curiosity — you're curious about our user's problems and about the technical constraints of machine learning
3-steps simple process
1. Screening call with Founder + Talent Manager
2. Home technical assignment, reviewed with the team (can be compensated and under 2h)
3. Culture fit interview and meet the team!