Social Media Manager
Paris | Remote
Growth & Marketing /
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 10M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly, and our app was awarded the Best App of 2021 by Android and named Editor’s Choice by Apple. We recently launched our second product, the API, allowing us to deploy our tech at scale through a b-to-b motion.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey, having successfully raised our Series A and looking to scale to $100M ARR in 2024.
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, or Google. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
🤓 We are seeking a dynamic and creative Social Media Manager to join our team. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing our social media strategy across various platforms with a strong focus on creating content that effectively resonates with our community.
💰€55-70k + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come once a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ signing bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
💻 Technology - new MacBook Pro, monitor, keyboard, etc.
🏖️ Socials - Quarterly company retreats, weekly Happy Hour & Game Time
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need them (English & French).
*We will adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than in Paris.
✨ About the role ✨
- Our mission is to make beautiful images accessible to every business. Your part in that mission is to help grow PhotoRoom’s brand through our presence on social media.
- Be the voice of PhotoRoom: You’ll collaborate closely with our diverse network of content creators and the Brand team to craft and own a social media strategy that positions PhotoRoom strongly in the hearts and minds of our entrepreneurial-minded users. Through engaging posts and interactions, you’ll also show prospective users how our app can provide solutions for their product-photography needs and make their workflows more efficient.
- Lead our organic social content strategy: As the main video producer for organic content, you will be the driving force behind the development, production, and curation of engaging TikTok-style content. Alongside the Brand team, you’ll develop a Social Media Content Calendar to ensure consistent communication from the PhotoRoom brand. You’ll also work closely with the User Acquisition team, applying social-media savviness and storytelling skills to craft captivating videos that will help us strengthen our Brand presence online. Additionally, you’ll stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements across TikTok and Instagram to ensure the content produced is timely and relevant. Leveraging this knowledge, you’ll continually refine our social-content strategies and production techniques to remain at the forefront of this dynamic field.
- Manage and grow our Content Creator Network: You’ll also oversee our international network of trusted content creators. Your keen eye for identifying relatable and up-and-coming content creators who could integrate PhotoRoom into their niches will be instrumental in forming successful partnerships, as you’ll also proactively scout for and initiate engagements with potential creators to help increase our brand visibility across different sectors. You will play a leading role in our brand’s influencer strategy, elevating our creator collaboration by developing campaigns, tracking performance, and communicating our latest product updates to them!
- Elevate our social media presence: As the Social Media Manager, you are the voice behind our online presence. You’ll be a champion of our social media interactions, deeply understanding our users’ needs, concerns, and opportunities for engagement. Your empathy for our audience of makers and entrepreneurs will be at the core of every interaction. You’ll spend time observing and speaking with our audience and actively use the PhotoRoom app to think as a customer, crafting content that resonates and helps our users think of PhotoRoom. Maintaining a helpful, kind, and respectful brand voice and tone will be second nature to you.
✨ About you ✨
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in building and managing social media accounts for brands (or yourself 👀)
- Ownership: Self-starter mentality, comfortable working in a dynamic environment and adapting to changes.
- Creative thinking: Strong creative and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to develop relatable and authentic content quickly and effortlessly.
- Social expertise: Deep knowledge of social media trends, best practices, and emerging platforms, ensuring up-to-date strategies.
- Engagement: Active engagement on social media platforms, particularly demonstrating a knack for reels and TikTok-style content.
- Design: Proficiency in social media design tools such as Canva or CapCut, ensuring high-quality and visually appealing content.
- Communication: Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, enabling effective teamwork and coordination.
- Influencer management: Experience in collaborating with influencers and leveraging user-generated content to enhance brand presence.
- Analytical mindset: You are comfortable with skills monitoring, optimizing, and reporting on social media performance metrics.
- Language: Native fluency in English, along with the cultural adaptability to engage with our diverse, global community.
- Travel: You are based in Europe/UK and are open to coming to Paris for one week per month.
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call with the Talent Manager
- Technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- Home technical assignment, followed by a review with the team (can be compensated and under 3h)
- Culture fit interview and meet the team!
- Reference check & Offer
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.