Senior Frontend Developer
Paris | Remote /
🤓 We are looking for a passionate, curious and driven Frontend Engineer who will be the main contributor of the new PhotoRoom web app. As our only web developer your impact will be huge. It is the opportunity to work on a product used by millions of people, solve complex frontend challenges, and make a decisive difference to our users and to PhotoRoom.
💰 65k€-100k€* depending on experience + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come once a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ signing bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need it (English & French).
*We can go higher for outstanding profiles and we will adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than Paris.
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom provides photo editing software powerful enough to create outstanding images yet simple enough to be used without any training. We leverage deep learning to translate pixels into objects, drastically simplifying non-creative tasks such as removing backgrounds from images.
Our mission: enable entrepreneurs and small businesses to compose images that stand out.
Founded by Matthieu Rouif (10 years of experience in mobile apps, built apps used by 100+ million users) and Eliot Andres (4 years of experience in large-scale computer vision), PhotoRoom was selected by Y Combinator in 2020. Talented engineers, designers and marketers have joined the team since then, coming from Apple, Algolia or Google among others.
Today, PhotoRoom is profitable and is used by more than 5 millions of users every month. We improve our product and our technology with the support of world-class experts in the field like Yann LeCun, Roxanne Varza or Holger Seim. PhotoRoom was featured by Apple as one of the most innovative photo apps in recent years.
As a small tight-knit team, our priorities are impact and iteration speed. We ship new versions every week and talk to our users daily. There is nothing we enjoy more than working side-by-side with another team member to improve our users' experience.
Become one of the first hires in a fast-growing start-up and make your mark on a product used by millions of people.
✨ Your life at PhotoRoom ✨
PhotoRoom is used and loved by millions of users on iOS and Android. Time has come for us to develop a web/desktop version (we receive daily requests for that). We already developed a proof of concept and the goal is to gradually offer the same editing experience on the web as on iOS and Android.
- As the main contributor of our new web application, your impact is huge. The quality of your work will make a decisive difference to our users and to PhotoRoom.
- You have strong ownership on the product: you collaborate with Eliot, Matthieu & Quentin on the definition of the product roadmap and of the new features.
- You own your work from A to Z: it goes from working on the architecture and coding features, to polishing top-notch interfaces in order to bring a delightful experience to our users.
- You get fast feedback from our users and iterate quickly (we ship a new version of the app every week). You follow the usage of the product and make decisions based on that.
- You work within a small multicultural team composed of 14 passionate, friendly & committed folks.
Technologies we use (we don't require you to know them before joining): React, TypeScript, Next.js, WebAssembly, Vercel, WebGL.
✨ About you ✨
- You have 3+ years of experience in frontend development with modern frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular.
- You have experience working on products requiring complex architectures.
- You care a lot about user experience and have worked on user interfaces you are proud of.
- You have a strong sense of ownership. You take initiatives and you are at ease to make product & technical decisions.
- You are pragmatic & favor speed of iteration over perfect. You believe that fast iteration is the best way to learn.
- You are curious and explore the latest trends in the web ecosystem.
- You are fluent in English (French is not required!).
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds. That's why:
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
✨ 3-steps simple process ✨
1. Screening call with Founder + Talent Manager
2. Home technical assignment, reviewed with the team (can be compensated and does not take more than 3 hours)
3. Culture fit interview and meet the team!