Senior Computer Vision Research Engineer
Paris | Remote /
✨ TL;DR ✨
💰 60k€-85k€* + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come twice a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English.
* We will adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than Paris.
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom provides photo editing software powerful enough to create outstanding images yet simple enough to be used without any training.
We leverage deep learning to translate pixels into objects, drastically simplifying non-creative tasks such as removing a background. Our mission: enable entrepreneurs and small businesses to compose images that stand out.
Founded by Matthieu Rouif (10 years of experience in mobile apps, built apps used by 100+ million users) and Eliot Andres (4 years of experience in large-scale computer vision), PhotoRoom was selected by Y Combinator in 2020. Talented engineers, designers, and marketers have joined the team since then, coming from Apple, Algolia, or Google among others.
Today, PhotoRoom is profitable and is used by millions of users every month. We improve our product and our technology with the support of world-class experts in the field like Yann LeCun, Roxanne Varza, or Holger Seim. PhotoRoom was featured by Apple as one of the most innovative photo apps in recent years.
As a small tight-knit team, our priorities are impact and iteration speed. We ship new versions every week and talk to our users daily. There is nothing we enjoy more than working side-by-side with another team member to improve our users' experience.
Become one of the first hires in a fast-growing start-up and make your mark on a product used by millions of people. Apply at PhotoRoom today ⬇
✨ Your core mission ✨
We're looking for someone able to keep improving the accuracy and performance of our segmentation models. Segmentation is at the core of our product and can make a difference between a good and great experience for our users.
As a Senior Computer Vision Research Engineer, you are in charge of improving deep learning models used by millions of users. You follow the state of the art while continuously improving our existing models.
You work with a small & eager to learn machine learning team. Your main focus is the segmentation of objects and people. You will also work on complementary problems like object detection, panoptic and instance segmentation, interactive segmentation, and image matting. You will be delegated control of updating models and datasets monthly.
Preferred experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Practical experience in Deep Learning, especially for computer vision tasks such as image segmentation, object detection, matting, depth estimation.
- One or more publications in a top tier Computer Vision conference
- Launching large number of parallel experiments.
- Prototyping ideas from research papers
- Strong software development skills that encourage code reuse among researchers
For successful candidates, nearly all of the following will be true:
- You have significant experience in building applications which use machine learning component technologies for segmentation
- You have significant experience in developing datasets for training and testing, and choosing relevant metrics to measure impact.
- You are excellent at collaborating with a team to get work done.
- You are skilled at both building prototypes from scratch and writing maintainable code inside large existing codebases.
Requirements for this position include:
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or a related field
- Proficiency with a modern deep learning framework
- 1+ years of experience with deep learning for segmentation tasks or adjacent tasks
- Ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code in Python
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly