Senior Android Engineer
Paris | Remote /
📃 You'll join a team of experienced machine learning engineers and train neural who solve problems for millions of people
💰 60k€-75k€* + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible : you can work from anywhere in Europe and come twice a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English.
* We will adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than Paris.
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom provides photo editing software powerful enough to create outstanding images yet simple enough to be used without any training.
We leverage deep learning to translate pixels into objects, drastically simplifying non-creative tasks such as removing a background. Our mission: enable entrepreneurs and small businesses to compose images that stand out.
Founded by Matthieu Rouif (10 years of experience in mobile apps, built apps used by 100+ million users) and Eliot Andres (4 years of experience in large-scale computer vision), PhotoRoom was selected by Y Combinator in 2020. Talented engineers, designers, and marketers have joined the team since then, coming from Apple, Algolia, or Google among others.
Today, PhotoRoom is profitable and is used by millions of users every month. We improve our product and our technology with the support of world-class experts in the field like Yann LeCun, Roxanne Varza, or Holger Seim. PhotoRoom was featured by Apple as one of the most innovative photo apps in recent years.
As a small tight-knit team, our priorities are impact and iteration speed. We ship new versions every week and talk to our users daily. There is nothing we enjoy more than working side-by-side with another team member to improve our users' experience.
Become one of the first hires in a fast-growing start-up and make your mark on a product used by millions of people. Apply at PhotoRoom today.
✨ Your core mission ✨
As the second Android engineer, you partner with Aurélien, working from Brest, to develop the application and its architecture to allow fast iterations on the Android code and the product. You like to work in a team. You are a driving force behind the Android functionalities. Through your code, your reviews, by transmitting your knowledge and your experience, you have at heart the progress and the impact of the whole team. The Android team grows with you.
✨ About you ✨
- More than 5 years of Android experience on consumer apps. You have worked on fast-growing projects on the Play Store.
- Strong experience with Kotlin and modern frameworks
- You care a lot about user experience and have worked on user interfaces you’re proud of.
- You’re able to work in English.
- You like to be up to date with the evolution of the Android platform and follow events like the Android summit
1. Screening call with Founder + Talent Manager
2. Home technical assignment
3. Assignment review with team
4. Culture fit interview and meet the team!