Computer Vision Lead
Paris | Remote /
✨ TL;DR ✨
💰 From 80k€ to ∞€* + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come twice a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English.
* For exceptional candidates, we did not define an upper bound on the salary
✨ About us ✨
PhotoRoom provides photo editing software powerful enough to create outstanding images yet simple enough to be used without any training.
We leverage deep learning to translate pixels into objects, drastically simplifying non-creative tasks such as removing a background. Our mission: enable entrepreneurs and small businesses to compose images that stand out.
Founded by Matthieu Rouif (10 years of experience in mobile apps, built apps used by 100+ million users) and Eliot Andres (4 years of experience in large-scale computer vision), PhotoRoom was selected by Y Combinator in 2020. Talented engineers, designers, and marketers have joined the team since then, coming from Apple, Algolia, or Google among others.
Today, PhotoRoom is profitable and is used by millions of users every month. We improve our product and our technology with the support of world-class experts in the field like Yann LeCun, Roxanne Varza, or Holger Seim. PhotoRoom was featured by Apple as one of the most innovative photo apps in recent years.
As a small tight-knit team, our priorities are impact and iteration speed. We ship new versions every week and talk to our users daily. There is nothing we enjoy more than working side-by-side with another team member to improve our users' experience.
Become one of the first hires in a fast-growing start-up and make your mark on a product used by millions of people. Apply at PhotoRoom today ⬇
✨ Your core mission ✨
As a Lead in Computer Vision, you are in charge of guiding the computer vision team towards building creative new computer vision features for our users.
We are looking for someone to develop creative computer vision features (including object relighting, 3D object reconstruction, 3D pose estimation, shadow segmentation, fine-grained object detection)
You work with a small & eager to learn machine learning team. Your work will be complementary to our main focus on background removal. For example: object relighting, 3D shape estimation, neural rendering, work on pose estimation (human, object and scene), object labeling, image editing, and synthesis tasks such as hole filling and generative image editing using Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
Computer vision solves real users' problems at PhotoRoom, it saves them time and helps them grow their e-commerce or small business. You take into account direct feedback from our users in your computer vision work.
Preferred experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Practical experience in Deep Learning, especially for computer vision tasks such as image segmentation, depth estimation, object detection, image editing, and synthesis tasks such as hole filling and generative image editing using Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
- One or more publications in a top tier Computer Vision conference
- Training machine learning models
- Deploying trained machine learning models in production
- Prototyping ideas from research papers
- Strong software development skills that encourage code reuse among researchers
For successful candidates, nearly all of the following will be true:
- You have demonstrated abilities in performing and publishing independent research.
- You have demonstrated abilities in deploying deep learning models in production for real time inference
- You have significant experience in building applications which use machine learning component technologies.
- You are excellent at collaborating with a team to get work done.
- You are skilled at both building prototypes from scratch and writing maintainable code inside large existing codebases.
Requirements for this position include:
- 3+ years of experience with deep learning for computer vision tasks in both research and production:
- Research: Training state-of-the-art models for various tasks in computer vision.
- Production: Deploying machine learning pipelines at scale such as to minimize inference time and memory consumption.
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with modern deep learning frameworks & deployment tools
- Ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code in Python
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly