Principal User Experience Designer
Healthcare is complex and impersonal, but it doesn’t have to be. It takes research, testing, empathy, and iteration to make the complex simple and build products that actually fit for patients. Physera is not like so many who are satisfied with just talking about these principles, we intentionally structure our company to ensure these principles are at its heart.
We are looking for a passionate user experience designer to join us in building better healthcare. You will lead UX at Physera and help us build out a proven design discipline as we transition from fast-growing startup to everyday institution. Initially you will focus on research and usability testing processes while also ensuring that we adhere to industry-best standards for design patterns and accessibility. Over time you will have the opportunity to lay the foundations for, staff up, and direct an industry-leading UX team if that is a career path you would like to pursue.
You will be joining Physera as the first dedicated UXer and will work together with existing visual and service designers to make up our Experience team. The Experience team will work closely with Engineering, Data Science, and Customer Success to craft products that support and enrich the lives of our patients.
- Lead user experience efforts at Physera
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Customer Success to define objectives, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services
- Define and drive user research process
- Own usability testing – from new feature prototype testing to baseline testing for aspects of the experience that are already live
- Design elegant flows and interactions across platforms
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Partner with leadership on company direction and strategy
- 7+ years of experience with end-to-end product design
- Experience crafting and conducting usability tests
- Strong knowledge of best-in-class design patterns
- Excellent communication skills
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Strong collaborator with product and engineering
- Cross-platform design experience (web, Android, iOS)
Physera provides individualized physical therapy delivered by expert PTs through the convenience of a smartphone. Our cutting-edge technology supports a convenient, engaging, and personal care experience – driving higher adherence and better outcomes. We remove unnecessary complexity from healthcare enabling patients and providers to focus on the aspects of care that are shown to help people get better. We partner with employers and health plans focused on improving the quality of life for their employees and plan members.
Physera is committed to building a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.