DeVops Cloud Engineer
Predict X is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources into one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London, with offices in London, Spain and USA.
We are looking for a talented Cloud Solutions Engineer, to become a member of PredictX Engineering’s Team. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge and experience in designing, migrating and implementing complex hosting solutions. Although the position is not customer facing, he will be within the Engineering Team and working closely with Product Owners, Product Managers and Business Analysts to deliver the best solution for large scale infrastructure design and applications. Candidates should possess expert knowledge both in public and hybrid cloud models.
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure in public or hybrid cloud providers using industry best practices.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain cloud solutions for the operability and performance of our applications
- Work closely with the Development, Quality Assurance and Operations teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure.
- Operational and security monitoring and care for the infrastructure and software platforms
- Serving as the liaison between Engineering, QA, Business Analysts, and other teams for reliable frictionless deployment, operational efficiency, and performance and security
- Research and recommend new product ideas/innovations and proposals on new and emerging technologies
Previous Experience Required
- At least 2 years’ experience of Devops/Cloud Engineer in JVM Language
- Bsc or Masters in Computer Science or related degree (or proven experience in field)
- Automation; VM setup/teardown, scripting, platform tools (AWS Cloudformation/Azure Resource Manager/GCP Deployment Manager), exposure to 3rd party tool like Terraform or Cloud Foundry useful
- Logging and monitoring of cloud deployments
- Container experience preferred, Kubernetes ideal
- You will need a proven background and experience within a similar role using cloud technologies in an Infrastructure/Development capacity
- Strong experience managing senior technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A background of software engineering and experience with languages such as Java, Python, bash
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CICD)
- Experience with DevOps technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Terraform, Mesos, Ansible, CloudFoundry, chef, Go.cd, etc.
- Agile (Scrum or Kanban)Strong operational knowledge of Linux systems
- Testing: JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, jMeter or similar
- Strong knowledge in Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes
- Big Data and AI experience in GCP, Spark
- Competitive salary
- Freedom to innovate
- Opportunity to explore multiple projects & technologies
- Subsidised Gym membership
Please only apply to this role if you have unrestricted right to work in Spain.