Backend Engineer - Java, Clojure, Big Data - 28k-50k - Madrid
PI is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources on to one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London and have offices in Spain,US and South Africa, we are looking for intellectually curious individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics.
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join either our office in London or Madrid. This role will be completely hands on, developing our new generation platform which we are currently designing and building at the moment. Our development team is innovative, autonomous and we love to constantly work on new technologies for designing the modern framework. We work in a relatively flat structure and our engineers are always encouraged to bring new ideas to the table.
This role can be moulded depending on the skills of the candidate and we always play to the strengths of the individual. So, for example, if you are a strong engineer but also have skills in Machine Learning, we will accommodate! Also, we will not expect you to have all of the skills on this spec.
Our salary range is quite open at the moment - we are happy to look at CVs from all ranges as we are looking for the ideal candidate who can bring value to our team. Please note that this is a permanent position as we want someone to grow within the company.
- Develop APIs and Business Logic in the backend
- Contribute to the objectives of the dev team, applying Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
- Discover, introduce and distribute new and emerging technologies that could benefit the team at PI
- Lead in the development of the new platform and products for the Business Analysts con emphasis on Data analytics, Machine Learning and Data Visualisation
- Test and optimize the code to maintain and improve the standards of the company
Previous Experience Required
- At least 2 years’ experience of development in JVM Language
- Bsc or Masters in Computer Science or related degree (or proven experience in field)
Technical Skills (we do not expect you to have done all of these)
- Proven experience in either Java (preferably 7/8), Clojure, Python or Scala
- Databases: SQL y NoSQL (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Titan, Marklogic or Crate)
- Frameworks: Spring (Core, MVC, Data, Security, XD..), JPA, Jackson, Hibernate, Lucene, Hadoop and/or Spark
- SOA, Microservices, REST
- GIT, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Subversion, Mingle, Gradle, RabbitMQ
- DevOPs: Docker, CloudFoundry, Go.cd
- Testing (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, jMeter or similar)
- Operating systems: Linux/OS
"Nice to haves”
- Experience or understanding in R and machine learning
- Data mining Tools/Frameworks: Elasticsearch, Weka, RStudio, SAS Enterprise Minder, Deeplearning4J
- Frontend in AngularJS, D3/D4 or Charts.js
- Natural Language Processing, Semantic Web
We are a vibrant and fast paced business offering employees a rich learning experience that help them thrive both professionally and personally. You will enjoy a competitive salary and relaxed working atmosphere.
Please note, you must have the right to work either in the UK or Spain without restriction. Unfortunately, Pi Ltd is unable to provide sponsorship of any nature at this time.
Click here not to miss this opportunity!
**We do not work with recruiters, thank you **