Senior Java Engineer - Big Data
Predict X is on a mission to give every business access to better insights and to facilitate data-driven decisions. Companies are increasingly inundated with data yet struggle to harness the benefits. We help our clients seamlessly integrate their data sources onto one platform. Our technology reduces data complexity, increases data quality and allows business users across the organisation access to advanced data capability to make faster and more reliable business decisions. Headquartered in London, with offices in London, Spain and USA.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Architect to join either our office in London or Madrid. This role will primarily be hands on, developing our new generation platform which we are currently designing and building at the moment. Our development team is innovative, autonomous and we love to constantly work on new technologies for designing the modern framework. We work in a relatively flat structure although the Senior Software Architect is required to guide other engineers and help architect and design our products and new platform.
This role can be moulded depending on the skills of the candidate and we always play to the strengths of the individual.
Our salary range is quite open at the moment - we are happy to look at CVs from all ranges as we are looking for the ideal candidate who can bring value to our team. Please note that this is a permanent position as we want someone to grow within the company.
We are a vibrant and fast paced business offering employees a rich learning experience that help them thrive both professionally and personally. You will enjoy a competitive salary and relaxed working atmosphere.
- Lead in the architecture and design of our new generation platform
- Lead team size of up to 6 fellow engineers
- Develop APIs and Business Logic in the backend
- Lead and contribute to the objectives of the dev team, applying Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban)
- Discover, introduce and distribute new and emerging technologies that could benefit the team at Predict X
- Lead in the development of the new platform and products for the Business Analysts with emphasis on Data analytics, Machine Learning and Data Visualisation
- Test and optimise the code to maintain and improve the standards of the company
Previous Experience Required
- At least 2-3 years’ of architectural experience or seasoned Tech Lead
- Bsc or Masters in Computer Science or related degree (or proven experience in field)
- Proven experience in either Java (preferably 7/8), Clojure, Python or Scala
- Databases: SQL y NoSQL (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Titan, Marklogic or Crate)
- Frameworks: Spring (Core, MVC, Data, Security, XD..), JPA, Jackson, Hibernate, Lucene, Hadoop and/or Spark
- SOA, Microservices, REST
- GIT, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), Subversion, Mingle, Gradle, RabbitMQ
- DevOPs: Docker, CloudFoundry, Go.cd
- Testing (JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, jMeter or similar)
- Operating systems: Linux/OS
- Experience or understanding in R and machine learning
- Data mining Tools/Frameworks: Elasticsearch, Weka, RStudio, SAS Enterprise Minder, Deeplearning4J
- Frontend in AngularJS, D3/D4 or Charts.js
- Natural Language Processing, Semantic Web
- Apache Airflow
Please note, you must have the right to work either in the UK or Spain without restriction. Unfortunately, Predict X is unable to provide sponsorship.
Click here not to miss this opportunity!